[Nut-upsuser] Zigor Ebro 650 compatibility

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Sat Sep 8 00:56:46 UTC 2012

On 08/09/2012, at 5:01, Martyn Hill <martyn.joseph.hill at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Windows may be connecting to the UPS using a service automatically. I am not sure how you would stop it but at a guess I would trying looking for a likely service and stop it.
>
> Yes, thought of that and stopped and reconfigured for manual startup the Upsilon USB service and even removed the UPS USB driver, but still hit the same 'busy' error when trying to attch the USB device to VirtualBox.

OK, I'm not sure how you could fix that :(
Sounds like a VirtualBox bug.

>> What does pkg-config --cflags libusb say on your system?
> 'Not found' - probably because I didn't/couldn't install the libusb-0.1.12 port - even after disabling the FreeBSD version check in the Makefile that would otherwise skip the port install. I'l try that again, however and try to get make install to complete.

I just double checked my system and there is a stub port which installs a libusb-config script and /usr/local/libdata/pkgconfig/libusb*.pc to point to the base library (which has shims for libusb 0.1 and 1.0 APIs).

If you install /usr/ports/devel/libusb_base then pkg-config should find libusb (and so should NUTs configure script).

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum