[Oval-devel] Actual ovaldi version for Debian Squeeze

Pavel Vinogradov Pavel.Vinogradov at nixdev.net
Mon Aug 9 05:08:42 UTC 2010

  Hi.

  Some days ago Debian release team announce freeze of Squeeze [1].
Current ovaldi version in stable is 5.4.2 (two years old) and unstable
contain 5.5.25 version with RC bug [2] which don't allow 5.5.25
migrate to testing. [3]

  New ovaldi version (5.7.2) just uploaded to Debian and contains new
upstream release and fix for RC bug. When ovaldi 5.7.2 migrate to
testing we can contact release team and request freeze exception for
ovaldi package.
My main reasons for request release exception:

 - This is new upstream release with new features and bug fixes
 - This is not major release and backward compatible with previous 5.x releases
 - This version include fix for RC bug 548460
 - This is end user software, other packages don't depend on them
 - This is optional component of system

 Did you agree with my reasoning? I never contact release team before,
but this will good practice for me.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-announce/2010/msg00009.html
[3] http://packages.qa.debian.org/o/oval-interpreter.html

--