[Oval-devel] Actual ovaldi version for Debian Squeeze

Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña jfs at computer.org
Wed Aug 11 22:20:33 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 09, 2010 at 09:08:42AM +0400, Pavel Vinogradov wrote:
>   Hi.
(..)
>   New ovaldi version (5.7.2) just uploaded to Debian and contains new
> upstream release and fix for RC bug. When ovaldi 5.7.2 migrate to
> testing we can contact release team and request freeze exception for
> ovaldi package.

Well, since testing is frozen 5.7.2 will not get into testing. It will stay
in unstable.

> My main reasons for request release exception:
(...)
>  Did you agree with my reasoning? I never contact release team before,
> but this will good practice for me.

The problem is: those are valid reasons but are not the set of reasons why a
package is blocked and allowed into testing.

We can try to get the release managers and describe them carefully the
reasons and they might block it, but that's not something we can be certain
of.

What we should do, if the version in testing cannot be supported and we
cannot get ovaldi unblocked, is to request its removal from testing (so it is
not part of the official release).

If you want, you can draft the email for the release managers and sent it to
me for review.

Regards

Javier