[Pinfo-devel] Re: Pinfo-devel Digest, Vol 3, Issue 42

Bas Zoetekouw bas at debian.org
Wed Sep 28 20:36:41 UTC 2005

Hi Nathanael!

You wrote:

> > Fixed displaying of multibyte (like UTF8) and wide (like kanji) characters.
>
> In order to do a similar thing for the cxx branch, different things are
> necessary (I was thinking of switching to glib++'s ustring).  But the
> ncurses wchar capability detection stuff is necessary.  So could you
> port that part to the cxx branch please? :-)

Sure.  The ncurses detection stuff is mostly autoconf hacking (plus some
#ifdefs that changed), so that should be easy to port.  I'm a bit busy
atm though, so it could take a few days.

BTW: do you know of any non-iso8859 encoded info pages?  I only tested
the man page part, because I don't have any translated man pages on my
system.

--
Kind regards,