[Pinfo-devel] Re: Pinfo-devel Digest, Vol 3, Issue 45

Nathanael Nerode neroden at fastmail.fm
Fri Sep 30 19:10:02 UTC 2005

Bas wrote:
>BTW: do you know of any non-iso8859 encoded info pages?  I only tested
>the man page part, because I don't have any translated man pages on my
>system.

Actually, I don't know of any translated info pages; they're all in
English.  Interesting that.  It notes in the documentation for "info":
"By default, Info assumes an ASCII character set.  `ISO-Latin' tells
Info that it is running in an environemnt where the European standard
character set is in use, ...."

I believe the info format is not actually internationalized.  Heh.