[sane-devel] Problems with OpticPro 4800P

Steve Cook yessven at yahoo.com.au
Fri Dec 27 06:27:12 GMT 2002

Hi everyone,

I've spent a few hours today trying to get my OpticPro 4800P to work
in Linux. I've encountered a couple of problems that I could use some
help with.

In xscanimage, if I attempt to scan an A4 document, preview mode works
but a normal scan returns "Error during read: operation was cancelled."
If I select a smaller scan area it works to some extent. But when I do
that the image is very poor.

http://www.harshbutfair.org/sane/preview.jpg looks good.
http://www.harshbutfair.org/sane/badscan.jpg looks horrible.

I'm using sane 1.0.9 with Plustek module 0.42.9.

I'm not sure what I can do to debug this problem... can anyone help?

Cheers,
Steve

- What's on at your local cinema?