[sane-devel] Film scanning

Barry Kirsten bjkirsten at bigpond.com
Tue Jan 14 22:22:31 GMT 2003

Hi Mitsuru, Thanks for your reply.

Here is the debug text:

Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server

Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0.0

I also get this message when trying to start xsane from a terminal. Previous
help from this list suggested that it may be due to an X permission issue.

When I start xsane with the film unit connected there is no pull-down menu
for selecting film scanner. I thought that when the film unit is connected
the backend modifies the xsane gui to allow this option.

Thanks for your help,
Barry