[sane-devel] Film scanning

Henning Meier-Geinitz henning at meier-geinitz.de
Tue Jan 14 23:08:14 GMT 2003

Hi,

On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 09:22:31AM +1100, Barry Kirsten wrote:
> Hi Mitsuru, Thanks for your reply.

not me :-)

> Here is the debug text:

> Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
>
> Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display: :0.0

You are trying to start an X application as a different user than the
one who started the X server? I guess you try to run xsane as root?
That's not a SANE problem, the same will happen with all X applications.

To allow all users to access your display, use "xhost +localhost".

To get the debug log, you need to export the variables, if you use
bash. E.g.:

export SANE_DEBUG_CANON=128
export SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_SCSI=128
xsane 2> debug.txt