[sane-devel] Spot ScanTak 2c/3c

Alex shflesh at sh.km.ua
Wed May 14 06:12:12 BST 2003

Respected developers SANE!

Answer, please a question. Why the developers of a package SANE have
not included support of scanners ScanTak 2c/3c of firm Spot Technology.
In spite of the fact that firm-manufacturer already is not present,
rather plenty of similar scanners all still is on a service at the
users. And as shows search on appropriate forums, many from the users
have problems for want of to attempt to force these scanners to work in
OS Linux. By one from such users am also I.

These scanners have the own SCSI-adapter (16 bit ISA), but visually to
determine a type chipset it is not obviously possible. Programm the
utilities (for example, pnpdump from Linux Red Hat 7.3 or ISA
Configuration Utility from MS DOS6.22) - are powerless. They refuse
even to find the appropriate adapter, though in User's Manual to the
scanner is written:

- Plug and Play design
- No need to set I/O address
- No need to set SCSI ID setting

Further I in a research of this problem was not advanced and I hope to
receive the help from you, respected developers SANE.

Beforehand I thank for the help.
Yours faithfully Alex.