[sane-devel] Spot ScanTak 2c/3c

Thomas VIAL el_profesorfr at yahoo.fr
Wed May 14 07:50:54 BST 2003

Hi!

I'm working on a driver for my scanner, which has a
16-bit Spot ISA card. It's a MaxiScan A4 but I think
it's been rebadged by several companies.

Some questions though:

- is it really an SCSI interface? I know nothing about
SCSI; all I can tell is that to drive my scanner, you
have to map the I/O space and set bytes at predefined
memory locations (where registers are located). Maybe
the registers are used by the card only and the card
will translate all this to SCSI commands for the
scanner after all... The connector between the card
and my scanner looks like a parallel port.

- no need to set I/O address: on my card you have
jumpers to set the I/O address (one of
0xc8000..0xe8000 by increments of 0x8000). The driver
is able to tell whether a scanner is present at a
given address, so I assume that the "no need to set
I/O address" feature means it will loop through valid
addresses for you (no need to write it in a config
file). Sounds sensible?

Do you think we have the same interface?
One possible hint --> in your Windows driver file set,
do you have a SPOTA6.SYS?

Regards,

Thomas

 --- Alex <shflesh at sh.km.ua> a écrit : > Respected