[sane-devel] Spot ScanTak 2c/3c

Alex shflesh at sh.km.ua
Wed May 14 09:44:07 BST 2003

Respected Thomas!

I am very glad, that at last has found the adherent, which really works
above a problem of scanners of firm Spot.

Now I shall answer your question. Yes, really, we with you have
identical interface adapters, though scanners and are named on
different. For check it is possible to compare inscriptions on chips of
the adapter. At me it of SPOT PS8B003-00 9638PX012. The truth, at me is
absent the spota6.sys file, but it analog is either spota6.dll, or
fotoa6.dll, depending on the version of the driver. Both of the file
are in the catalogue C:\%WINDIR%\TWAIN\SPOT\ and have absolutely
identical date of creation (09.10.96 00:00) and size (46560 bytes).
Now rather I/O map. All is similar, how you have written in the letter
(possible significances 0xC8000; 0xD8000; 0xE0000; 0xE8000). A default
is 0xD0000.

In the given moment I heavily I take by search of the driver of this
SCSI-adapter under Linux and utilities, which could determine, with
what chipset at him and that is necessary for it for normal work.

While it is all. Am not by the programmer, therefore, very much I hope
for your help. I promise to support with you communication concerning
my researches.

Regards Alex.

P.S. Excuse for mine bad English.