[sane-devel] Scanjet 2200c not working

Ajit Natarajan ajitk at email.com
Sat Jan 23 12:57:43 UTC 2010

On 01/23/2010 06:11 PM, stef wrote:
>      in order to understand what is going on, we would need more information. By
> running the 'scanimage' command in a shell window with the following command:
>
> SANE_DEBUG_PLUSTEK=255 scanimage -d plustek>scan.pnm 2>debug.log
>
>      There will be a debug.log file in the directory where you run the command.
> Send it to the list. It may be help us understand what is happening.

Hi Stef,

Thank you for your prompt response.

The scanner's light beam was at the wrong end when I ran the scanimage
command that you specified above.  This is because I don't have a way to
bring it back to the starting position.  The scanner made a continuous
loud noise as before.  Nothing got scanned.  scanimage quit after a
while.  The sound continued after that until I pulled the power cord.

I've attached the debug.log file.

Here is the scan.pnm file that resulted:

P6
# SANE data follows
202 150
255