[sane-devel] Canon LiDE 700F not working with sane-backends 1.0.29

Bit Juggler suse.junky at t-online.de
Sun Mar 8 14:23:33 GMT 2020

Dear list readers,

i have a Canon LiDE 700F flatbed scanner connected via USB to an
USB3.0-port of my machine.

> scanimage -L
device `genesys:libusb:001:006' is a Canon LiDE 700F flatbed scanner

My machine runs openSUSE Tumbleweed with

Kernel 5.5.7-1-default
sane-backends 1.0.29-1.1
libsane1 1.0.29-1.1
xsane 0.999-2.10

Using sane-backends 1.0.27. scanning worked fine but last week i
received an update to sane-backends 1.0.29 and scanning does not work
any longer.

When i use xsane and do a preview i can see the page being build up but
at the end when the scanner has been moved back to its start position
the preview gets deleted and xsane gives an device-I/O-error.

When i use xsane and do a normal scan at the end when the scanner has
been moved back to its start position xsane gives an device-I/O-error.

When i use scanimage the scan starts and at the very end scanimage gives
an device I/O-error and tries to kill my scanner so that i have to
unplug it in order to avoid hardware damage.

I did

export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_LOW=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL124=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL646=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL841=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL843=255
export SANE_DEBUG_GENESYS_GL847=255
export SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB=128

and then

scanimage -T 2>sane_T.log

This command produces those files

15278    gl_pipeline_1_0_before_swap.pnm
15278    gl_pipeline_1_1_after_swap.pnm
15278    gl_pipeline_1_2_after_shift.pnm
15278    gl_pipeline_1_3_after_stagger.pnm
1241280  sane_T.log

Then i did

scanimage --clear-calibration --preview --mode Color 1>calibrate.pnm
2>calibrate.log 3>calibrate_err.log

This command produces the files listet below and at the very end of its
execution it tries to kill my scanner so that i have to unplug it to
avoid hardware damage.

       0  calibrate_err.log
41493738  calibrate.log
 1671443  calibrate.pnm
   31144  gl847_led_00.pnm
   31144  gl847_led_01.pnm
   31144  gl847_led_02.pnm
   31144  gl847_led_03.pnm
   31144  gl_black__average.pnm
 2178977  gl_black__shading.pnm
 1673332  gl_pipeline_6_0_before_swap.pnm
 1673332  gl_pipeline_6_1_after_swap.pnm
 1673331  gl_pipeline_6_2_after_shift.pnm
 1673331  gl_pipeline_6_3_after_stagger.pnm
   31144  gl_white__average.pnm
 2178977  gl_white__shading.pnm

Those files are large so i did not attache them but i can provide them
if necessary (or search them if told what to search for).

 Any help would be appreciated.

 Regards

 Hagen