[sane-devel] Canon LiDE 700F not working with sane-backends 1.0.29

Ralph Little skelband at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 16:23:36 GMT 2020

Hi,

On 2020-03-08 7:23 a.m., Bit Juggler wrote:
> Dear list readers,
>
> i have a Canon LiDE 700F flatbed scanner connected via USB to an
> USB3.0-port of my machine.
> My machine runs openSUSE Tumbleweed with
>
> Kernel 5.5.7-1-default
> sane-backends 1.0.29-1.1
> libsane1 1.0.29-1.1
> xsane 0.999-2.10
>
> Using sane-backends 1.0.27. scanning worked fine but last week i
> received an update to sane-backends 1.0.29 and scanning does not work
> any longer.
>
> When i use xsane and do a preview i can see the page being build up but
> at the end when the scanner has been moved back to its start position
> the preview gets deleted and xsane gives an device-I/O-error.

It was noticed that the support for 700F is broken at the moment.
There is a current issue on GitLab, tracking this:

https://gitlab.com/sane-project/backends/-/issues/246

Povilas, do you have a feeling that this might be something useful for
me to look into, or is it something that would be best left to you?

Cheers,
Ralph