[Simple-cdd-devel] Python modules

Enrico Zini enrico at enricozini.org
Thu Jan 22 22:05:49 UTC 2015

Hello,

build-simple-cdd has now passed 1600 lines, and I'm sometimes tempted to
start splitting it into modules. Say, one for the environment
management, one for logging, one for tool and program execution, one for
the wget tool ported to python, maybe one for reprepro ported to python
if I get round to it.

Right now, build-simple-cdd is just a script, although it has several
helpers. If it gets split into modules, then it'll require to have its
modules either installed in the system, or next to the executable
script. A bit like now build-simple-cdd defines simple_cdd_dirs to look
for its tools either in /usr/share/simple-cdd/ or in the current
directory or (as I recently added) where the executable itself is.

Would it be ok if I did that, or is there a preference for keeping
everything in a single script?

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico at enricozini.org>