[Simple-cdd-devel] Simple-CDD rewrite

Vagrant Cascadian vagrant at debian.org
Sat Jan 24 05:03:52 UTC 2015

On 2015-01-22, Enrico Zini wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 03:13:46PM -0800, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:

> I've pushed a new change: now the list of variables used during the
> build process is described in the big VARIABLES array, like so:
>
>     PathVar("simple_cdd_dir", os.getcwd(),
>             help="simple-cdd working directory"),
>     PathVar("simple_cdd_temp", ["{simple_cdd_dir}", "tmp"],
>             help="directory where intermediate build data are stored"),
>     PathVar("simple_cdd_basedir", ["{simple_cdd_temp}", "debian-cd"],
>             help="working directory for debian-cd"),
>     TextVar("server", "ftp.us.debian.org",
>             help="default server used for mirrors"),
>
> This gives us a place to document what each of those dozens of variables
> actually is for. The documentation is also written out in the tool
> execution logs for those variables for which we know it:
>
>     $ cat tmp/log/mirror-reprepro
>     #!/bin/sh
>     # Execute tool mirror/reprepro
>
>     # Export environment
>     export APTTMP=/home/enrico/lavori/truelite/satellitevolta/simple-cdd-devel/tmp/cd-build/apt

Nice!

> I personally don't know what each of those is for; vagrant, when you
> have a moment can you please review/add help="..." entries?

I added a few more help= entries and updated a few others.

I do question re-implementing *all* of the debian-cd variables and
documenting them, although there are a few that simple-cdd and likely
simple-cdd users are *likely* to change... not sure where that line is
exactly.

live well,
  vagrant