[Vmdebootstrap-devel] The --package option of vmdebootstrap

Robert S uikmi at yandex.com
Thu May 21 17:34:26 UTC 2015

Greetings!

I tried to make a disk image for Beaglebone Black with vmdebootstrap, but was unsuccessful. I would appreciate any advice you may have.

I have read what I could find about this topic:
https://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/TI/BeagleBone
http://linux.codehelp.co.uk/?p=113
https://www.godobject.net/articles/8

After I installed vmdebootstrap on a Debian system I executed: /usr/share/vmdebootstrap/examples/beagleboneblack.sh --image bbb.img
This was the output:

  Creating disk image
  Creating partitions
  Creating filesystem ext4
  Mounting /dev/mapper/loop0p2 on /tmp/tmp1IdDI0
  Creating filesystem vfat
  Mounting /dev/mapper/loop0p1 on /tmp/tmp1IdDI0/boot/
  Debootstrapping
  Setting up binfmt handler
  Running debootstrap second stage
  Give root an empty password
  Removing udev persistent cd and net rules
  Setting up networking
  Configuring apt to use distribution and mirror
  Running customize script /usr/share/vmdebootstrap/examples/beagleboneblack-customise.sh
  cp: cannot stat ‘/tmp/tmp1IdDI0/usr/lib/u-boot/am335x_boneblack/MLO’: No such file or directory
  EEEK! Something bad happened...
  Command failed: /usr/share/vmdebootstrap/examples/beagleboneblack-customise.sh /tmp/tmp1IdDI0

  Cleaning up
  ERROR: Command failed: /usr/share/vmdebootstrap/examples/beagleboneblack-customise.sh /tmp/tmp1IdDI0

I get the same error even with a different mirror and with a larger image size. The --package option doesn't seem to work, u-boot just doesn't get installed. I don't have a lot of experience with this kind of thing, so I may have left out steps that would seem obvious. I haven't found any discussions of such an error. I'll be checking the Vmdebootstrap-devel list for any replies.