[Vmdebootstrap-devel] The --package option of vmdebootstrap

Robert S uikmi at yandex.com
Fri May 22 18:08:54 UTC 2015

You are correct, I didn't use the newest version. I used Debian Jessie and vmdebootstrap 0.5-2. Sorry for not mentioning it from the outset.

The log seems to indicate that the "--package u-boot" option doesn't get passed to debootstrap:
2015-05-22 12:34:32 DEBUG debootstrap --arch=armhf --foreign sid /tmp/tmp8z0RKB http://http.debian.net/debian

I updated to the version from testing like you suggested and it worked! Can I expect smooth sailing with the Beaglebone Black if the image boots properly? A short offtopic question - can Beaglebone Black run a desktop environment in a prehaps slow, but still usable way?