[Vmdebootstrap-devel] vmdebootstrap for a qemubuilder --create replacement

Iain R. Learmonth irl at debian.org
Sun Dec 13 16:47:59 UTC 2015

Hi All,

There is ongoing work to add new backends (adt-virt-* and
uchroot/user-unshare) to sbuild.

https://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/buildd-tools-devel/2015-December/010172.html

While I'm currently maintaining qemubuilder, I'd really rather not be doing
that, and so this looks like a nice way of me not doing that anymore. I've
spoken to josch and he suggested the use of vmdebootstrap for a replacment
for qemubuilder --create so I'll be investigating that this week hopefully.

If anyone has any insight before I dive into that, that would be great.
Otherwise I'll report back once I've done some testing later in the week.

Thanks,
Iain.