[Babel-users] SIGHUP shouldn't kill babeld

Shawn Wilson ag4ve.us at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 22:23:55 UTC 2013

Henning Rogge <hrogge at googlemail.com> wrote:
>Maybe a parameter to tell babeld "don't stop with SIGHUP" ? So a
>startup script can prevent the restart from happening?

I think you can do that with start-stop-daemon.

Whatever happens, don't change when kill does what. Between some processes providing info with SIGUSR1 and SIGUSR2 and others just dieing when passed any kill signal, kill is confusing enough - no need to confuse it more.

I don't believe SIGHUP should kill a process either. I think it should have the effect of 'rebooting' it (reread the configs, confirm connections, etc) but not die.