[Debburn-devel] dvd+rw-format, DVD-RW media, wodim errors, unusable disk.

Leif W warp-9.9 at usa.net
Tue Jun 17 07:59:12 UTC 2008

Hello again, and thank you for all the explanations thus far.  It has been
helpful for me to understand and learn about these things that are new to me.

:-)

> So either your drive is so ill that it regarded the
> appendable sequential media as blank, or those media
> were already formatted.

Maybe I've forgotten but I thought I used the growisofs -dvd-compat -Z
/dev/scd0=image.iso command on the DVD-RW media and on my new DVD+RW media
without a dvd+rw-format -blank in between to burn >4GB ISOs.  I'll try again
and be sure, and retry the dvd+rw-format -blank=full command on my new DVD+RW
media, but I fear the same result, if it's truly my drive(s).

> Do you have by chance an undamaged media which you
> could inquire by  dvd+rw-mediainfo ?

I do not have any more of those same media in an undamaged state.  I've given
the damaged media to my brother and I'll wait some days to see if he has a
chance to try and reinitialize the disk.  I'll ask if he has any other
undamaged discs he can sacrifice.  :-D

Leif

P.S. Thomas, sorry for double post again.  Emailing with insomnia is
dangerous! :p