[Debburn-devel] LG CH08LS10 not burning CDs

surfed god at youhavechoice.com
Sat Jan 30 21:24:52 UTC 2010

I really should have coffeee before replying...
Its not ACPI that i disabled but I changed AHCI to ATA in SATA operations in
Bios, Just gave it another shot, DMA is enabled and again dmesg shows Bufeer
I/O errors and writing an iso to dvd started well at 4x but a few hundred mb
into the burn the speed dropped to 0.4x to 1.5x and the device buffer
continually emptied while the softwarebuffer stayed at >95%
With AHCI mode no burning at all to cd and dvd at 0.3x sometimes but mostly
it fails right away.
$ ps -ef | grep udev gives me:
root      1224     1  0 13:16 ?        00:00:00 /sbin/udevd --daemon
root      3329  1224  0 13:16 ?        00:00:00 /sbin/udevd --daemon
root      3335  1224  0 13:16 ?        00:00:00 /sbin/udevd --daemon
sascha    4218  3661  0 13:24 pts/1    00:00:00 grep --color=tty -d skip
udev
Thanks again
Sascha
PS
what time zone are you in? Pacific here.