[Debian-hebrew-common] BiDi UI packages (and sponsor needed)

Lior Kaplan kaplan at debian.org
Fri Aug 18 14:04:40 CEST 2006

Shachar Shemesh wrote:
> Lior Kaplan wrote:
>
>> 1. I imported your revised version to debian-hebrew repository for the
>> co-maintenance. Please do changes in the SVN, so they will be noticeable
>> to all.
>>
> Ok, I give up. Where's the SVN repository? Haven't been able to find it.
>
> I tried looking at the project's status page, home page, and on the
> alioth SSH server.

At http://svn.debian.org/ you can see Debian Hebrew web SVN at
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/debian-hebrew or check it out with your
Alioth account:

svn+ssh://shachar-guest@svn.debian.org/svn/debian-hebrew

>> 3. (this is the major issue) copyrights and license:
>> The source doesn't specify the license, and the copyright holders aren't
>> clear at all. There's info about contributors in
>> source/tbird/install.rdf, which list more people than the copyright file.
>>
> Do you have any official Debian page explaining what needs to be done,
> so I can point the bidiui people to it?

The main idea of the copyright file is to be a summery of the software
copyright issues. So you just copy the info (verbatim) from the source
file itself. This is the best & easiest method.

There isn't any official guide, but there is the Policy
(http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-docs.html#s-copyrightfile)

Also, the FTP master team have an FAQ from reason they reject packages
(http://ftp-master.debian.org/REJECT-FAQ.html) the license and copyright
issues appear several times.

Also see this one:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/03/msg00023.html

--

Lior Kaplan
kaplan at debian.org

GPG fingerprint:
C644 D0B3 92F4 8FE4 4662  B541 1558 9445 99E8 1DA0