[Debian-in-workers] Re: [DebianIndia] Debian-IN

Christian Perrier bubulle at debian.org
Mon Aug 22 17:21:04 UTC 2005

Quoting Baishampayan Ghose (b.ghose at gmail.com):

> > Well, you will certainly be the very first tester of the new "New
> > Language Process" I have documented in the Debian Installer i18n
> > documentation which I worked on during my holidays (holidays without
> > net access is good for working on documentation...:-)).
> Yes, I'd love to hack / test it.

Something I forgot to mention. Like all other Indic languages
translation, it will be useful and available only when the graphical
installer will be integrated in D-I, which is underway, but still work
in progress. But having many translations requiring this will be a
huge pusher for the graphical installer and, anyway, the Ubuntu people
have programmed a graphical installer in their next release, IIRC..:-)

> Well, yes. I sent the mail directly to you by mistake. GMail tends to
> put in the email address of the sender and not the list on the to
> field when I reply to a mail. In any case, it's a great thing to have
> a fully indic Debian so that all of us can embrace it without any
> issues.

I'm pretty sure we can now do it and don't leave indic Linux to
commercial distributions..:-)