[debiandoc-sgml-pkgs] Re: New upload of debiandoc-sgml

Danai SAE-HAN ( 韓達耐 ) danai.sae-han at edpnet.be
Sun Dec 3 12:11:25 CET 2006

From: Jens Seidel <jensseidel at users.sourceforge.net>

> On Sat, Dec 02, 2006 at 02:03:22PM +0100, Danai SAE-HAN wrote:
> > OK, I think I've added all the necessary CVS commits to both SF and
> > Alioth.  I've also added a (build-)dependency on texlive-base-bin,
> > because teTeX3 support will fade away.
>
> I assume you refer to the Debian Reference project (qref) in SF (SourceForge),
> not to another one, right?

I've committed updates to the CVS branch at qref at sf as well as to
debiandoc-sgml at alioth.  I think both packages should be released after
this weekend.

> I noticed too that texlive was not yet used as build dependcy. Now since
> you added it, how about language specific packages such as
> texlive-lang-vietnamese? This provides vietnam.sty which is also
> available in tetex-extra.

True.  (See below.)

> (Both texlive and tetex can be installed at the same time, right?)

No, only a few very basic packages can be installed at the same time.
But to get a working TeXlive distro, you need to remove teTeX.
Attention, some packages haven't made the switch or provided
dependencies to smoothen the transition.

> So why do you prefer texlive-base-bin over tetex-bin but not
> texlive-lang-vietnamese over tetex-extra?

Good point.  I've been too quick about the dependencies.
I'll see that changes are made tonight.

Cheers

Danai SAE-HAN
韓達耐