[debiandoc-sgml-pkgs] Re: New upload of debiandoc-sgml

Jens Seidel jensseidel at users.sf.net
Mon Dec 4 01:45:26 CET 2006

On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 01:08:54AM +0100, Danai SAE-HAN wrote:
> I think it's become a little more complicated: tetex-extra contains a
> lot of different packages.

Right.

> tetex-extra
> |
> |- texlive-lang-vietnamese
> |- texlive-bibtex-extra?
> |- texlive-pstricks
> |- texlive-fonts-recommended
> |- etc.
>
> I don't know which TeX packages qref needs.  I think that in
> debian-tex-maint they are now which files the teTeX and TeXlive
> packages each have.
>
> Perhaps we should just wait with the TeXlive transition and just leave
> it for now, until there is someone with a TeXlive distro installed on
> his/her Debian so s/he can test which packages are actually needed.

I agree. Changing the tetex, texlife dependency order whould maybe also
be sufficient for now and defaulting to tetex.

Nevertheless it's not very critical for debiandoc-sgml since it only
affects suggested (or recommended?) packages. But this is not true for
debian-reference! Defining alternative dependencies needs to be very
carefully checked!

Jens