[debiandoc-sgml-pkgs] about recent bug reports and BTS

Ian Jackson ian at davenant.greenend.org.uk
Mon Sep 24 15:50:24 UTC 2007

Osamu Aoki writes ("[debiandoc-sgml-pkgs] about recent bug reports and BTS"):
> This report caused me to go to the web page to see the bug reports and
> found the new patch on the other bug report.

Right.

> These reassignment bug report contents usually do not get forwarded to
> the maintainer.

In fact I sent my mail to the bug, as well:

 To: 413873 at bugs.debian.org
 Bcc: control at bugs.debian.org

 clone 413873 -1
 reassign 413873 userv
 retitle -1 Failure to properly save @tag during nested lists
 block 413873 by -1
 tags -1 + patch
 thanks

 I have investigated this and concluded that the problem described in
 #413873 is caused by a coding error in debiandoc2sgml's Driver.pm.
 [etc]

I had expected that my mail would be forwarded to the maintainer for
the current package for 413873; but in fact, the BTS reassigned the
bug first and then processed my mail so you didn't get a copy.

Sorry about that, it was just a mistake.  I'll try to remember this
behaviour the next time I do this and send a copy to
<old-package>@packages.debian.org.

I trust you've found my mail with the patch in 413873 now; I can
forward it to you or to the other report if you prefer.

> Anyway, I will upload fixed package.

Thanks.

> As for 285885, I will appreciate if you can fix this bug as a very
> capable developer.  I am only doing simple correction and language
> support.  This is the area I am not touching and unable to fix.

Right.  I'll see if I can help.  Don't hold your breath I'm afraid.
Also, I'm not a TeX expert so I may not know what to do but I'll see
if I can find some relevant documentation.

> I see some DTD structure being strange but changing them causes existing
> documents.  (<example. tag not allowed right after <sect> etc.)  Thus I
> am very reluctant to change any DTD.

Yes, certainly you should probably not change the DTD.  I'd be happy
to advise on DTD changes.

The change needed for 285885 is a change to the Perl code I think.

Ian.