[Debwebid-discuss] rdf coordination

chrysn chrysn at fsfe.org
Wed Aug 12 15:30:19 UTC 2015

hello debwebid team,

as suggested by jonas, i'm taking this here, on grounds of this being
the best place to coordinate the minting of urls for entities involved
in the debian project:

i'd like to take up michael baumgartner's suggestion of working on
semantic data about debian during debcamp. so far, what has been done
is:

* update https://wiki.debian.org/RDF to be a spooling point for semantic
  tools in debian and semantic resources about debian.

* set up tags for semantic tools with enrico in debtags, and go through
  everything in the archive that looks like rdf and tag it.

  the new tags are devel::lang:sparql, works-with-format::rdf:{json-ld,
  n3,turtle,ntriples,xml} and works-with::semantic-data.

  we might want to go into details later and provide information about
  which packages are reasoners, converters etc (use::converting, we
  mgiht add use::reasoning), but at least we've got a starting point for
  identifying our tools.

the next thing i'd like to tackle is debtags, which should really be
available in rdf. originally, what i had in mind was creating a
dedicated exporter from the dumps[1], but given that debtags are visible
in udd, and udd is (at least partially) exported in rdf already, i might
just as well extend that.

iain, obergix, will you be at debconf/-camp for a bof?

best regards
chrysn

[1] http://debtags.debian.net/exports/

  -- Bene Gesserit axiom