[Decaf-devel] release and bug tracker

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Fri Dec 15 18:03:53 CET 2006

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 15.12.2006, 13:16 +0000 schrieb Luis Matos:
> Sex, 2006-12-15 às 12:27 +0000, Joachim Breitner escreveu:
> > Great! What is the tempfs bug?
>
> ou said that would implement a temporary file system for the user to
> make the changes and then they would be reverted. This is missing.

No, it’s already in debian! Just install the unionfs kernel module and
libpam-mount and follow the instructions on
http://wiki.debian.org/DeCaf/PAMSetup (the second section)

> Another thing is that after logout the user seems to be still logged in.
> Miguel would confirm this today. It was late yesterday.

Was decaf-killd running? This daemon is responsible for logging users
out with overtime, and for marking them off line (checks once per
minute, at the moment). Also check the /var/log/auth.log, decaf-killd
says each minute what it is doing (or not doing).

> We should get all things done before we upload to experimental. The db
> schema that i should have done. Man pages ( i saw a man page editor
> somewhere) and review the readme for every package.

True, I’ll work on that tomorrow and next week. I hope I can upload it
beginning next week. It’ s only experimental, no problem if things are
not perfect.

> > > And we could make some sound about it for people to test it more, what
> > > do you think?
> >
> > Maybe after it is in experimental, maybe with a mail to debian-devel.
> > Other suggestions?
>
> debian-devel is ok, but we should try for example to reach some wider
> forum... maybe debian-administration.org ... from steve.

Hmm, I’m not a user of this page. But you are very welcome to help out
there :-)

> > I also hope that the until-now-silent subscribers of this list start
> > contributing their opinions... :-)
>
> are they that many?

Three guys from the IT institute where I work these weeks (until
christmas) and one person who responded to my blog announcement, but was
silent since.

Greetings,
Joachim

--