[Decaf-devel] decaf-cashier and decaf-status still not running

Fanen Ahua afanen01 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 15:41:54 CET 2006

maybe someone should send me a copy of their postgres conf files? (i
installed 8.1 now)

i've created both unix account 'decaf' and postgres user 'decaf', i run
the programs as my regular user, which also has a postgres account by
the same name. this is what i get:

btw, i had to make the /etc/decaf.conf file permissions 777 to prevent
file access errors, when running as another user...

decaf-status:
Connection to SQL server failed: 'could not connect to server:
Connection refused
        Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting
        TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
'401 DB_NOT_OK

decaf-cashier:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/decaf-cashier", line 295, in ?
    app.main()
  File "/usr/bin/decaf-cashier", line 185, in main
    self.tickets = TicketStore(self.conf)
  File "/usr/bin/decaf-cashier", line 68, in __init__
    self.conn = pgdb.connect(str)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/pgdb.py", line 381, in connect
    dbtty, dbuser, dbpasswd)
pg.InternalError: could not connect to server: Connection refused