[Freedombox-discuss] Introductions

pavithran pavithran.s at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 23:41:02 UTC 2010

On 29 August 2010 00:41, paxcoder <paxcoder at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 08/28/2010 06:30 PM, Sam Hartman wrote:
>>
>> We should not forget that as we're promoting the technology for people
>> to maintain their own information, we also want to promote business
>> models that are compatible with that information.
>>

> You're missing the aim of the project entirely.

+1
The whole idea is to make an individual a 'peer'  not some client or
some server . 'Give power back to that individual' which was the first
vision of internet - a network of peers .

On the idea :
I am thoroughly motivated by that idea . Thats the reason I joined this list .

One wish list I could mention is a web based email client with AJAX as
good as gmail . It might not appropriately suit the peer model , but a
light ajaxy browser based model to run on a local machine is quite
nice to have :)

I have tried roundcube,squirrelmail,bluemail as web email clients . On
the desktop I kind of am ok with thunderbird . Evolution and Kmail are
fine . They work for sure but I am tempted to go to gmail :(

Regards,
Pavithran from a gmail account :(

--
pavithran sakamuri