[Freedombox-discuss] Why is this list so quiet?

Andrew Schaaf andrew at andrewschaaf.com
Wed Feb 16 23:11:00 UTC 2011

On Feb 16, 2011, at 4:55 PM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr at jones.dk> wrote:

> I personally find it wrong to extend Freedombox to be the platform for _writing_ code - there is plenty of challenge already in shrinkwrapping readily available and already Debian-packaged code, and I fear we loose sight if take our mouth too full.

I think the apps should...

...never ever ever store data using anything other than abstract NoSQL connections.

...make it as easy as possible for a dev from the startup world to dive in.

...have awesome UX.

...be developed on GitHub (until we create a superior replacement :)

I think the top short-term goal is to make some progress and become as attractive a project as possible to startup-world web developers' spare time.

I think we'll be much better off in a year if we've written a coherent set of modern, readable, NoSQL apps.

> What development are you talking about? CoffeeScript only, anything FreedomBox (whatever that
> means), anything Debian, or anything Free?

Anything that leads to FB progress! (Apps, tools, distros...)

I'll be using NodeJS/Coffee/C, but others might not.

You're right, a Debian list probably isn't the place to discuss development.

But it's the only known place so far for joining forces with other FB enthusiasts.