[gopher] Motsognir question

Martin Kukac logout128 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 21:58:08 UTC 2015

Hello Mateusz,

thanks a lot, that solved one part of my original question. Indeed PHP
scripts now have working directory set to the same directory they are
saved in. How about the gophermap itself? When I use = to insert result
of executed script, I have to specify the complete path.

It's not a big deal, it just would be more friendly if Motsognir was by
default searching in the same directory, where the gophermap is (when I
use =./somescript.php).

Thanks.

Martin

On 12/28/2015 08:07 PM, Mateusz Viste wrote:
> Hello Martin,
>
> It's done. Now Motsognir will run CGI and PHP scripts from within the
> directory where the given script resides. You will find the most recent
> release on Motsognir's SVN, but you can just as well simply fetch the
> tarball from sourceforge's interface:
> http://sourceforge.net/p/motsognir/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/
>
> ("Download snapshot")
>
> I didn't release a new "official" version for that yet, since maybe some
> other minor things will go in it.
>
> Let me know if you have any troubles deploying this latest version.
>
> Mateusz
>

> On 28/12/2015 16:33, Martin Kukac wrote:
>> Thanks a lot! This will actually be the very first time I will update
>> already installed gopher server :-)
>>
>> At the moment I can't tell any more suggestions, but that may change as
>> I will progress in modyfying gophermaps.
>>
>> Martin
>>
>> On 12/28/2015 04:06 PM, Mateusz Viste wrote:
>>> Hi Martin,
>>>
>>> Nice to hear you use Motsognir!
>>>
>>> The current path (pwd) is changed to / when Motsognir daemonize itself,
>>> and it is never changed. It is not a bug - it's a (lack of) feature ;)
>>>
>>> Switching the "current directory" to the script's location just before
>>> executing it sounds like a harmless thing to do, and it would definitely
>>> make your life easier. I will write a patch for that today, and let you
>>> know when it's ready.
>>>
>>> By any means, let me know should you see any other other perfectible
>>> points in Motsognir, or need help with some particular items, I'll be
>>> happy to help.
>>>
>>> cheers,
>>> Mateusz