New Git Repositories Organization

Farzad Sehat farzad.sehat at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 11:57:44 UTC 2009

M. Farzad Sehat
farzad.sehat at gmail.com

2009/11/13 Mildred Ki'Lya <ml.mildred593 at gmail.com>

>  On 11/13/2009 06:44 AM, Farzad Sehat wrote:
>
> Below you can find the new organization of he Lisaac git repositories. You
> must notice that any source code is deleted, this is just
> a new organization.
>
> Lisaac team has now a new git organization policy:
>
>    - Nobody must commit to the master branch of the compiler.git
>    - Any commit in the master branch of the compiler.git is prohibited and
>    after 3 warnings you are baned from the team
>    - Nobody must create Git *repository* without asking first to Xavier
>    Oswald <x.oswald at lisaac.org>
>
>  You can always create repositories under your own homedir in alioth.
> http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/Git#UsingpersonalGitrepositories
>

>    - You can create *branches *in each Git repositories with the following
>    rule:
>
> <name>_<feature> where feature is the reason why you want a new branch
>
>    - Please make the necessary to remove all old branches and to follow
>    the new policy
>    - Please update your code with the new beta compiler release in order
>    to be ready for the future stable release
>

> The questions are:
>
>    - What happens to the stable branch?
>    - Where will Benoit commit? I don't think he should commit in the
>    default branch (whatever it is called, for the moment it is called stable).
>    Sometimes he breaks the bootstrapping and we want to always have a version
>    of the compiler that can bootstrap and do useful things.
>
> Now, this was how I saw the repository:
>
>    - master: where Benoit commits. He (supposedly) merges with stable
>    frequently
>
> That's the new policy, Benoit commits in the master and merges not only
from stable but from all name_feature
where he takes what he thinks is interessant.
Stable branch is the stable branch. It must be stable a compiler which
bootdtrap and is stable.
In the new policy there is not lisaac-VER branch, only master stable and
name_feature. This policy require that
a new branch is created only if it is realy necessary. If you think you have
something to improve the compiler
you create a branche name_feature where feature is the improvement, bugs
fixes ...