debian and gentoo branches [to be removed]

Picca Frédéric-Emmanuel frederic-emmanuel.picca at synchrotron-soleil.Fr
Tue Nov 17 08:45:36 UTC 2009

Le Fri, 13 Nov 2009 17:29:30 +0100,
Farzad Sehat <farzad.sehat at gmail.com> a écrit :

> lisaac and lisaac-common ? it could be just lisaac-common with the current
> content of the compiler.git
> >  * Editors:
> >   - lisaac-vim-mode
> >   - lisaac-kate-mode
> >   - lisaac-emacs-mode
> >   - lisaac-EDITOR-mode ...
> >

> Good idea, this way each one can install just the package he wants according
> to the editor he uses (Vim ;)

ok I like the idea too.

> >  * Libraries:
> >   - libbase-lisaac
> >   - libopengl-lisaac
> >   - libLIBRARY-lisaac ...

This is a sort of lisaac-policy for debian explaining how to package things related to lisaac.
maybe creating a lisaac-policy.git would be of some interest.

> When releasing, we included a lot of libraries in the final package but not
> all of theme. In fact there are some libraries
> which does not work with current compiler version. And moreover there are
> some libs which were not tested when releasing.
> If you look at the current release tarball in the website, in the lib
> directory you have :
>
>    - standard
>    - internal
>
> the two above, have to be included in the lisaac-common packages, as they
> are part of the compiler.git

But we can not create a common binary package from two different source package.

we must put the standard and internal in the compiler.git if you want to distribute
then all together in lisaac-common. this lisaac-common is a sort of libstdc++ ?

As you said before some libraries are non compatibles all together.
Must we  have a sort of .so number for the lisaac libraries ?

>    - extra
>
> each lib in this extra directory could be packaged as lib<name of the lib as
> in the extra dir>-lisaac
> this way each one could install just the EXTRA library he wants
>
>    - unstable

ok so the makefile must not install thoses libraries.

See you

Frédéric
--
GPG public key   1024D/A59B1171 2009-08-11
    fingerprint = 1688 A3D6 F0BD E4DF 2E6B  06AA B6A9 BA6A A59B 1171