debian and gentoo branches [to be removed]

Xavier Oswald xoswald at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 09:51:57 UTC 2009

On 09:45 Tue 17 Nov     , Picca Frédéric-Emmanuel wrote:
> Le Fri, 13 Nov 2009 17:29:30 +0100,
> Farzad Sehat <farzad.sehat at gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> > lisaac and lisaac-common ? it could be just lisaac-common with the current
> > content of the compiler.git
> > >  * Editors:
> > >   - lisaac-vim-mode
> > >   - lisaac-kate-mode
> > >   - lisaac-emacs-mode
> > >   - lisaac-EDITOR-mode ...
> > >

> > Good idea, this way each one can install just the package he wants according
> > to the editor he uses (Vim ;)
>
> ok I like the idea too.
>
> > >  * Libraries:
> > >   - libbase-lisaac
> > >   - libopengl-lisaac
> > >   - libLIBRARY-lisaac ...
> > >

> This is a sort of lisaac-policy for debian explaining how to package things related to lisaac.
> maybe creating a lisaac-policy.git would be of some interest.

Using libLIBNAME-LANGUAGE is used for lot of libraries in debian.
I see no need of having a policy for that.

> > When releasing, we included a lot of libraries in the final package but not
> > all of theme. In fact there are some libraries
> > which does not work with current compiler version. And moreover there are
> > some libs which were not tested when releasing.
> > If you look at the current release tarball in the website, in the lib
> > directory you have :
> >
> >    - standard
> >    - internal
> >
> > the two above, have to be included in the lisaac-common packages, as they
> > are part of the compiler.git
>
> But we can not create a common binary package from two different source package.
>
> we must put the standard and internal in the compiler.git if you want to distribute
> then all together in lisaac-common. this lisaac-common is a sort of libstdc++ ?

right.

> As you said before some libraries are non compatibles all together.
> Must we  have a sort of .so number for the lisaac libraries ?

We cannot !
Lisaac uses global compilation, you cannot load .so or wathever extension module
in a Lisaac code.

Lisaac parses the source and generate one executable file. That's all.

Greetings,
 ,''`. Xavier Oswald                         | xoswald at debian.org
: :' : Software Engineer at CALDERA GRAPHICS | http://www.caldera.eu
`. `'  GNU/LINUX Debian Developer            | http://www.debian.org