[Po4a-devel][CVS] po4a/lib/Locale/Po4a Xml.pm,NONE,1.1

Denis Barbier barbier@linuxfr.org
Sun, 18 Jul 2004 23:31:02 +0200

On Sat, Jul 17, 2004 at 06:19:39PM +0000, Jordi Vilalta wrote:
[...]
> The goal po4a [po for anything] project is to ease translations (and more
> interestingly, the maintenance of translation) using gettext tools on areas
> where they were not expected like documentation.

Hi there,

This paragraph appears on every piece of documentation.  My feeling is
that this is not plain English, so I rewrote it into something like:
  The po4a (po for anything) project goal is to ease translations (and
  more interestingly, the maintenance of translations) using gettext
  tools on areas where they were not expected like documentation.
Other people made other fixes, so there are now 4 slightly different
paragraphs in po/pod/po4a-pod.pot, it would be nice if someone fluent in
English could propose a better wording so that all instances get fixed.

> use Locale::Po4a::TransTractor;
> use Locale::gettext qw(gettext);
> #is there any better (or more standard) package than this to recode strings?
> #use Locale::Recode;

IIRC Encode is now the standard way.  About XML attributes, I read
posts from Daniel Veillard telling that good DTDs should never make
attributes translatable in XML, human readable data have to appear in
tag's body.  Unfortunately I have no pointer, but this made sense to me.

Denis