[Po4a-devel] XML: prevent some attributes from being translated

Nicolas François nicolas.francois at centraliens.net
Sun Feb 22 22:46:50 UTC 2009

On Sun, Feb 01, 2009 at 11:57:48PM +0100, poy at 123gen.com wrote:

> now i have the following suggestions:
>
> 1) make it "<placeholder0/>" (slash added) instead? it would just look
> more correct, though if it works like this it's not much of a problem.

That one was implemented.
The placeholder is named <placeholder type=\"address\" id=\"0\"/>

I received request to put the type to help the translator.

> 2) being able to define the name of that "placeholder" tag; eg, in my
> case, i would like to call it "link".

I need to find how to do this.

Messages in PO files should usually be independent from the context (e.g.
placeholders are numbered starting from 0 in the message, not in the
file).

Maybe I can use the line reference field for this (that would not be a
line reference anymore, but that's probably not a big issue). Currently,
the actual line in the document is used, but there might be better way to
identify the placeholder.

> 3) the caption of the link is cut out of its context; i would love the
> following:
> msgid "abc <placeholder0>click here</placeholder0> def"
> msgstr ""

I cannot do this in po4a.
This would require a standard to put links in PO files.

Best Regards,
--
Nekral