[sane-devel] Xsane startup problems

m. allan noah anoah@pfeiffer.edu
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 09:14:25 -0400 (EDT)

when you did the setup of your system last time, did you boot into windows
before you installed linux? if you have not turned the scanner off since
that time, it might have been using the firmware loaded by your windows
boot all that time. now that you have powered the scanner off, it lost
that, and you will need to find and load the firmware.

allan