[sane-devel] Visioneer Strobe XP100 (need help)

G. Naik gnaik@minerva.ece.drexel.edu
Sun, 29 Feb 2004 17:04:22 -0500

Gerhard,

> I think it's not possible simply to copy the Canon profile. To make it
> work, you need to know the register settings i.e master clock setting.
> For this sheet-fed device also some more changes in the code
> are necessary to make the feeding stuff work...

I am going to contact Visioneer and see if I can get any information
from them.  According to SANE's website, not one Visioneer scanner is
supported.  I'm afraid the company may not be too helpful.

> The problem is, that we need to know how the motor is controlled and
> the correct register settings. You might try and snoop at the USB
> traffic between the scanner and Windoze...

Tomorrow afterrnoon, I'll get some USB traces using USB Snoopy.  Would
you be able to help me decode them?

Thanks
gn