[sane-devel] Epson Perfection 3490 PHOTO

Trevor Cordes sane at tecnopolis.ca
Sun Dec 25 01:07:28 UTC 2005

On Sun, Dec 18, 2005 at 03:18:05PM +0100, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

> > 5. *** THE BIG PAIN *** I'm not sure if anyone knows why this happened: It
> > might be FC3 specific.  The problem was something in the system (I still
> > don't know what) makes a symlink from /usr/local/lib/sane/libsane.so.1 ->
> > libsane-v4l.so.1.0.16.  That's totally bogus.  If I rm the symlink it just
>
> IIRC this is caused by the libtool --finish call in backend/Makefile.
> In CVS there is a workaround that removes these links. At least it
> should...

I was using the latest CVS from Dec 17 and it still did it.

> "/usr/local/lib/sane" should NEVER be listed in /etc/ld.so.conf. This
> has been obsolete for five (?) years now. Don't do that. If your
> distribution does that, tell the maintainers to stop it immediately.

My system was FC1 upgraded to 2 upgraded to 3 (actually, I may have
started with RH9!)... the entry must have been around from way back when.
I have deleted the line.  At least now this change is documented in
something that may show up in a google search.

Thanks.