[sane-devel] [sane-backends-1.0.16] Epson Perfection 1260 & OpenBSD 3.8-RELEASE

Manolis Tzanidakis manolis at tzanidakis.gr
Wed Nov 30 19:55:34 UTC 2005

[20051130] Henning Meier-Geinitz <henning at meier-geinitz.de> wrote:

> As it works on Linux for other people, I think that's a different
> problem. The problem on *BSD may be that libusb devices contain
> slashes while on Linux they are simple numbers like "001". These
> slashed should be substituted by something else when creating the name.
>
> You can disable locking completely by "configure --disable-locking".

I tried that too. But,

# SANE_DEBUG_PLUSTEK=255 sudo scanimage -L 2>&1 | tail -14
[plustek] ---------------------
[plustek] usbDev_open(auto,) - 0x888b7000
[plustek] Vendor ID=0x04B8, Product ID=0x011D
[plustek] usbio_DetectLM983x
[plustek] UIO error
[plustek] This is not a LM9831 or LM9832 chip based scanner.
[plustek] open failed: -1
[plustek] sane_get_devices (0xcfbd89a8, 0)
[plustek] sane_exit

>From google I found that other people had my scanner working on
FreeBSD using libusb without any special tweaking.

Is there any chance to have my scanner working on OpenBSD ?

--
Manolis Tzanidakis
manolis at tzanidakis.gr
mtzanidakis at gmail.com
http://www.tzanidakis.gr/~manolis
jabber: mtzanidakis at jabber.org
icq: #102798230
Grab My GPG Public key from my homepage.