[sane-devel] Problem with sane : Operation was cancelled

Jérôme Avond j.avond at axolys.fr
Thu Feb 18 13:44:44 UTC 2010

Debian lenny
libsane 1.0.19-23
Printer : HP Color Lazer Jet CM1015 MP
Home compiled HP fuckin'-pack :
HP Linux Imaging and Printing System (ver. 3.9.4b)
Device Information Utility ver. 5.2

This what i got when trying a scan while saned -d128 running

...init and waiting for request log...
[saned] start_scan: using port 47745 for data
[saned] process_request: waiting for data connection
[saned] process_request: access to data port from ::ffff:192.168.21.101
[saned] do_scan: start
[saned] do_scan: trying to read 8188 bytes from scanner
[saned] do_scan: read -1208163616 bytes from scanner
[saned] do_scan: status = `Operation was cancelled'
[saned] do_scan: statuscode `Operation was cancelled' was added to
buffer
[saned] do_scan: processing RPC request on fd 4
[saned] process_request: waiting for request
[saned] process_request: got request 6
[saned] do_scan: done, status=Operation was cancelled
[saned] process_request: waiting for request

Seems that my HP-I-WANT-TO-SHARE-SOFTWARE-BUT-I-BUGGING-THEM scanner
sends a cancelling information just after physically SCAN the paper...

This printer scanner drive me nuts!

I tried restarting it lot of times, without success
I tried connection/deconnection, same

I DON'T WANT TO RECOMPILE ANOTHER DRIVER, I NEED A GRAPHICAL LESS
DRIVER, IT WAS A PAIN IN ASS TO COMPILE IT WITHOUT THE MF-SCRIPT WHICH
IMPOSE YOU GRAPHICAL FRONTEND!

If someone could help me, I swear to put an HowTo therefor.

--
Jérôme Avond <j.avond at axolys.fr>
Axolys, Société de services en logiciels libres