[sane-devel] Windows scanner issue

Chris Bagwell chris at cnpbagwell.com
Sat Nov 5 00:49:14 UTC 2011

On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 12:38 PM, Michael Cronenworth <mike at cchtml.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In the past I posted about building for Windows. I had SANE 1.0.21 working
> fine. Today I have tried to build 1.0.22 and test it. The build works fine,
> but when I use the resulting DLL the scanner cannot be seen. Switching back
> to the 1.0.21 DLL makes the scanner visible again.
>
> Is there anything that changed between 21 and 22 that could affect this?

I can't comment much on this part. Lots of changes occurred.

> Thanks,
> Michael
>
> P.S. It seems my Win32 patches have collected dust and are still not in
> SANE. Would anyone be willing to work with me to have them added?

I've had your patches sitting in my inbox since 2009.  Never got
around to it.  Sorry.

Since that time, I finally installed the mingw32 cross compiler that
Fedora has so now its easier for me to do this type stuff.

I'll start peeling off some of the fixes and submit them.  The main
thing preventing me from doing it earlier is about 1/2 are generic
issues to be solved and so I'm working on ways not to use the #ifdef
WIN32 check.

Lets hope I don't get distracted again. :-)

Chris