[Tux4kids-discuss] Tuxmath uninstallation?

Tim Holy holy at wustl.edu
Tue Apr 14 16:52:00 UTC 2009

Dear Mohammed,

On Tuesday 07 April 2009 06:29:29 pm Mohammed Khoory wrote:
> I decided to try tuxmath by compiling and installing from the SVN sources.
> After trying it out, I realized that there's no way to uninstall it. I
> checked INSTALL.txt, README.txt, and I even checked the makefile itself for
> clues on how to uninstall tuxmath, but I couldn't find any. Usually, stuff
> gets uninstalled by typing "make uninstall" as root, or sometimes "make
> remove", and that would automatically uninstall the program.
>
> Is there a way to uninstall tuxmath from sources, or is there really no
> uninstall implementation?

I'm not the maintainer for the automake build, so I can't comment on whether
there is an uninstall option or not. (I handle the CMake build, and I know for
a fact that I haven't implemented an uninstall.)

However, if you want to delete tuxmath from your system, I'd suggest looking
in /usr/local/bin. The various settings files are in /usr/local/share/tuxmath.
If you delete the binary and this directory, I think you will have purged your
system.

Best,
--Tim