[Tux4kids-discuss] Problem with Tux Racing repository system and apple app store...

Brendan Luchen cheezmeister at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 06:31:46 UTC 2012

Hey all,

Some brief thoughts before conking out-

- Before rethinking everything, let's check with Apple to clarify the
website restriction. I don't think PhoneGap would exist as such if its
biggest platform couldn't actually be leveraged. Also, considering Apple
was a driving force behind HTML5, I find it hard to believe they'd
reject it out of hand.

- The repository gotcha is more troubling. I guess it's a security
consideration, which is reasonable. I don't see why you'd need teachers
to fork the whole project to create modules, though. As long as the
modules are sufficiently--er--modular, is there any barrier to having
them read in from SD card or other local storage? That way they can
still be downloaded (somewhat) conveniently, just not through the app
itself. Maybe I misunderstand what you're saying, Kento.

- Shame about the name, but I suppose it's not worth fighting over. One
option is to keep the game's concept but change the aesthetic so instead
of racing cars, you're racing rockets. Tux Launch, maybe? *shrug*

Best,
Brendan