[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] [Tuxmath-devel] TuxMath now in MacPorts & todo/roadmap stuff

Holger Levsen holger at layer-acht.org
Thu Feb 21 10:53:07 UTC 2008

Hi,

exciting news and plans!

Just two comments:

First I'm all in favor of using gettext in tuxtype instead of reinventing a
(rather complex) wheel ;)

On Thursday 21 February 2008 00:53, David Bruce wrote:
> > As far as roadmap goes, I do have something new into the works: my
> > daughters have cooked up ideas for a whole new "incentive" system, if we
> > can find the time to get such a thing implemented. The basic idea is that
> > tuxmath should have both short-term (goldstars) and long-term rewards.
> > Taking inspiration from some of the popular web-based game sites for
> > kids,

Then it spontaneously occured to me that it might be an idea to merge tuxtype
and tuxmath into this new game, so that solving math problems is one stage
and learning to type another. Another game very similar to tuxtype could
be "tuxtype with foreign language words" for children learning another
language.

And if this happens I'd still like to see standalone tuxtype and tuxmath
games, when tuxtoon (or tuxfoo) is invoked via the tuxtype or tuxmath alias.

Happy hacking!

regards,
	Holger