[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Problem in the Shift Key in Tuxtype Nepali

David Bruce dbruce at tampabay.rr.com
Wed May 14 16:24:14 UTC 2008

Hi Daya,

Sorry for the slow response - not much hacking time lately!

On Sunday 20 April 2008 02:37:52 am you wrote:
> Dear David
> Hi,
>
> We are facing a trouble in case of shift key for tuxtype. For long words in
> Nepali language unlike English I need help of shift Key, But as soon as I
> type SHIFT key,  tuxtype treats it as a separate keystroke ,due to which I
> am unable to complete the words which need shift key in the middle .

I see what you mean - I don't have the means to test Nepali input, but in
English I see that  <shift> is treated by the program as an incorrectly typed
character.  It would be very easy to have the Fish and Comet games ignore the
shift key as its own key event, but I'm not certain if the game will then
receive the correct unicode value for the subsequent shifted character (but I
think it will).

Do you have things set up to build from the subversion repository?  That way
we can easily test the changes in the code before releasing a tar.gz to the
general public.

Also, it would be best to send issues like this to the tuxtype dev list rather
than just to me:

tux4kids-tuxtype-dev at lists.alioth.debian.org

Regards,
--