[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] tux to sinhala

David Bruce dbruce at tampabay.rr.com
Thu May 15 23:35:44 UTC 2008

Hi Nilmini,

On Thursday 15 May 2008 04:21:07 am you wrote:
> We  translated  Tux to sinhala language. We used Unicode font call
> iskolepotha.ttf.  But in tux our sinhala words are not display properly.
> (Letters are not in the correct order) For example (attached image )
>
> In here we type f+l+a. In tux this is displayed as l+f+a.
>
> But the correct way is f+l+a.
>
> Place help me

Are you using Windows or Linux?  A library called SDL_Pango is needed to
properly display Indic text in SDL programs, and it is only supported in the
Linux build of Tux Typing.  Does the Malayalam theme display correctly?

If you are using Linux, make sure your po file for the Sinhala theme has
correct spelling.

That's about all I can think of from the information provided.

Also, it is better to send questions to the tuxtype development list
<tux4kids-tuxtype-dev at lists.alioth.debian.org> so that everyone gets it, not
just me.

Best regards,

--