[Tux4kids-tuxtype-dev] Tux Math and Tux Typing - upstream maintainer

David Bruce davidstuartbruce at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 21:44:56 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm the upstream maintainer and primary programmer for tuxmath and tuxtype,
and I would like to do what I can to improve their value to opensuse users.
I am also very interested in using the opensuse build service to make rpms
for other rpm-based distros. I'm really delighted to see that the newest
releases of the two programs are in your edu repository only a few days
after they were released.

The current website for the project is:

http://tux4kids.alioth.debian.org

(www.tux4kids.com, *.net also redirect there)

I am completely new to suse, having used debian from many years.

More specifically,

1. Is there a particular person who looks after the builds of tuxmath and
tuxtype in opensuse?  I would like to get in touch with him/her to find out
what can be done on my end to help things (incorporating spec file, patches,
translations, etc).

2. I would like to get the descriptions of the programs ("articles", if I
understand correctly) updated.

3. Regarding rpms for other distros, is the process basically set up already
to build them?  One weakness of our project is that we have not provided
linux binaries on our site, so non-technical users have had to wait for new
releases to make it into their distro.  I would like to be able to provide
rpms (either the packages themselves or links).  I have also subscribed to
the build service list, and would be willing to set up a project to build
the packages (once I learn how), but I don't want to duplicate work.  If
someone else has this set to go, I would like to be in communication.

Thanks for any help,

David Bruce